Drug Index & Guide hereby notifies You of the following:
(a) What personal information is collected from you through the Application ?;
(b) How the information collected is used;
(c) How the information collected may be shared and disclosed;
(d) How Drug Index & Guide protects your information; and
(e) How you can seek to correct any inaccuracies in the information.
A. What personal information is collected from you through the Application?
2. Registration. During the collection of information on the Profile Pages on the Application, you are required to provide your applicable contact information (such as full name, mobile number, gender, Date of Birth, e-mail address and the like). A mobile verification code and registration number is used to confirm your identity. An email address is also used to contact you about the materials and information on the Application. When the Application request for the confirmation of your identity, the Application will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before such information is requested. In the case of professional information, professional information provided by you to us will be authenticated against a third party provider. Professional information shall include but not limited to physician license number, details regarding qualifications and specialties and the like.
3. Personal Profile of Doctors and Health Care Providers. Pursuant to registration as a doctor or a health care provider on the Application, you may provide additional information in your personal profile describing your credentials, professional experiences, academic background, biography and the like. Your personal profile shall be available for viewing by other registered participants of Drug Index & Guide and will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Providing additional information in your personal profile beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional and can be altered or removed by you at any time.
4. IP Addresses. Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer’s Internet Protocol or IP address. When you browse or open the Application, our web servers automatically recognize your domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed the Application.
5. Third Party Email Addresses. For the purposes of inviting and introducing third parties to Drug Index & Guide, You will be given the option to import or otherwise provide email addresses of third parties to Drug Index & Guide. On so doing, Drug Index & Guide will not store your affiliated username and corresponding password.
6. Privacy of Minors Drug Index & Guide strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise the online activities of their minor children and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent minors from disclosing their name, address, and other personally identifiable information online without parental permission. Please note that although the Application are not intended for use by minors, Drug Index & Guide respects the privacy of minors who may inadvertently use the Internet.
7. Opt Out Procedures. Upon initial communication from Drug Index & Guide, you may opt-out of receiving further communication from Drug Index & Guide. To be completely removed from the Drug Index & Guide mailing list, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are using an e-mail forwarding service or other similar service please make sure to include the correct e-mail address or addresses.
B. How the information collected is used
1. Use of Personal Health Information.
Drug Index & Guide does not collect personal health information about individuals, except when individuals consent to share such personal health information on the Application to doctors and health care providers. You understand that you may have the option of uploading your health / medical information on the Application in order to enable your doctor or health care provider access your previous medical history. While Drug Index & Guide takes utmost care with respect to the security of the information you decide to upload, you understand that any information that you disclose on the Application is at your own risk. By uploading / sharing / disclosing your medical information on the Application , you hereby give your consent to Drug Index & Guide to store such health / medical information on Drug Index & Guide’s servers. Drug Index & Guide will retain such medical / health information you upload on the Application for as long as it is needed to fulfill the service you seek to avail on the Application. If you delete your account, Drug Index & Guide will delete such medical / health information.
But please note:
(1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and
(2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Drug Index & Guide does not collect or maintain information that would associate this submission with a specific patient or individual. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) privacy rule, which took effect on April 14, 2003, allows for the use of de-identified health information so long as identifiers have been “stripped” and a key is not disclosed that would allow the information to be re-identified. Drug Index & Guide does not possess a key to re-identify patient data.
2. Sale of Assets
Merger, Acquisition, Bankruptcy. Information collected from you may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale or acquisition, merger or bankruptcy involving Drug Index & Guide.
4. Log Files
Drug Index & Guide may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track your movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
C. How information may be Shared and Disclosed
1. Sharing: Drug Index & Guide may share aggregated demographic information with Drug Index & Guide’s partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. Drug Index & Guide shall not be liable for the transfer of any personal information resulting from loss or distribution of data, the delineation or corruption of storage media, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, sabotage, terrorism or any other event beyond Drug Index & Guide’s control.
2. Consulting. Drug Index & Guide may partner with third parties to provide specific services. When you sign up for these third party services, Drug Index & Guide will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. According to Drug Index & Guide’s contractual arrangements with parties, these parties are not allowed to use personal information except for the explicit purpose of providing these services.
3. Spam Drug Index & Guide maintains a strict “No-Spam” policy, which means that Drug Index & Guide does not intend to sell, rent or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third party without your consent.
4. Legal Requests. Drug Index & Guide takes your right to privacy very seriously and has taken measures to safeguard and respect your personal information. Drug Index & Guide will only disclose your personal information in the event it is required to do so by law, rules, regulations, law enforcement, governmental official, legal authority or similar requirements.
D. How we Protect your Information
1. Confidentiality and Security: Drug Index & Guide takes all necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and off-line. No administrator at Drug Index & Guide will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log off from the Application when you are using a shared computer. Drug Index & Guide also protects your personal information off-line. Access to your personal information is limited to employees, agents or partners and third parties with whom we are working who Drug Index & Guide reasonably believes will need that information to provide services to you. However, Drug Index & Guide is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your own personal information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties.
2. Links. The Application may contain links to other third party sites. The third party sites are not necessarily under the control of Drug Index & Guide. Please note that Drug Index & Guide is not responsible for the privacy practices of such third party sites. Drug Index & Guide encourages you to be aware when you leave the Application and to read the privacy policies of each and every third party site that collects personal information. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the Application , you do this entirely at your own risk. Any links to any partner of the Application is the responsibility of the linking party, and Drug Index & Guide shall not be responsible for notification of any change in name or location of any information on the Application.
E. Correcting Inaccuracies
1. Correction/Updating Personal Information. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Application, you can update your profile on the profile pages of the Application. Drug Index & Guide will endeavor to correct, update or remove your personal data provided to Drug Index & Guide.
3. Site and Service Updates. As necessary, Drug Index & Guide may send you Application and service announcement updates. You will not be able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the Application. Drug Index & Guide communicates via e-mail to provide requested services and to resolve issues relating to your account.
To Contact us:
New Delhi, 110018